Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
Saturday, March 7, 2015
Because of you....
Because of you many diligent gardening bloggers, I find myself headed back out to the garden this season. After this last hot, dry summer and fall, I really thought about cutting back and just growing flowers - easy, carefree flowers. But I started all this with the brotherhood of gardeners, most of whom I have never met and I will continue in that same spirit. Please grab a another cup of coffee and visit a few of the inspirational blogs that have shaped how we garden.
Sue's Garden Journal
This gal knows what she is doing and she does it well. That might be because she is crazed!!! I know this first hand because she and her hubby came all the way out west and visited us one fall!
My Freezer is Full
Judy has grown gardens in a couple of different locations. She has always openly shared her successes and losses, so I don't feel too bad when I fail at something. Early on I won a drawing in her blog and she sent me a couple of magnetized garden planning tablets. I am still using them and think of her often with gratitude.
Powell River Books and Margy Meanders
Margy is a true gardener. She loves to grow things. While her space is unique and small, she always finds fun ways to garden - truly a bloom where you are planted story.
Throwback at Trapper's Creek
This kind of gardening is on a much larger scale than I will ever deal with. But I find that it somehow fills my gardening soul reading about their efforts to be a sustainable farm. Truly a lifetime endeavor of the heart.
A Home Grown Journal
What can I say - is there anyone that doesn't know and love dear Mama Pea? She exudes a calmness and a long time gardening base of knowledge. She also is a very good cook and sometimes shares her great recipes - like raspberry pie!
With every gardener there is a quest for more knowledge and peeping into what others are doing. So a few of the newer to me blogs are -
As Long As You Have A Garden
This blogger lives in British Columbia and gardens in a maritime climate. Yes, kind of far away from our high desert home but I like to dream....
Two Men and A Little Farm
These guys are in the process of creating a farm. Always a good read, inspirational and cheerful. They had a give away a couple years ago and I won a great book - Reader's Digest Slugs, Pests and Diseases - so helpful with lots of good pictured to identify problems.
Yes, there are many more blogs I could share with you - but it is 55 degrees here and it is after ten o'clock. I need to get out in the garden and make a to do list. Actually - make that maybe four to do lists - his and mine, now and later. With this kind of weather, it is really hard to stay grounded and stick to the necessary tasks and not get all caught up in starting to plant too early. We are having June weather in March - and it surely will not last, so gardener beware!!
What's happening with your gardening dreams? Who inspires you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am familiar with some of these blogs, but you've given me some new ones to check out! Seems we've lost a lot of bloggers this year---I don't know if they lose interest or??? , but it will be nice to replenish the list!
Hope you are enjoying that warmth. I'm so envious. I am really starting to get the gardening itch and am still months away from that. You're a lucky gal. Get out there!
I am so ready to start gardening!! This winter can just pack up an leave already... Some seedlings are started and I plan on sowing some outdoors this coming weekend. Come on Spring!!
Well first of all, how sweet of you to mention us, thank you and I hope we all have lots of fun garden stuff to blog about this year. And secondly, as Sue said, I'm familiar with a few but the others are new. Looking forward to exploring them.
Thanks for including me in your esteemed group. I am honoured. I checked out all the blogs on your list. Like everyone else said, it fun to find new places to visit. - Margy
p.s. I'm not a great gardener, I just keep trying to find what works.
I so agree about the inspiration and motivation gifted by other bloggers. We are a community of like souls even though we're miles apart!
How nice of you to mention me. It is so nice to share the trials and joys of gardening with people far and wide.
Post a Comment