Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
Friday, February 27, 2015
Close, but no cigar...
The possibility of snow is in our weather forecast. We sure do need it - we are somewhere around 15% of what we should have for this time of year. It doesn't bode well for the fire season this summer and fall. But we did get some higher altitude snow overnight. Just nothing here at the house other than rain. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the moisture but I was hoping for snow. And I know that many of you have more than your share of the white stuff and are so tired of it by now.,,,
For awhile, I was feeling kind of guilty. I ordered this wonderful new snow shovel. I was really excited about it. Now it just sits in the garage, waiting for a nice snow to test it. It is supposed to be easier on the back and knees - you know - fancy ergonomics! Our old ones were pretty darned worm out, so it just seemed like a good idea to try something different.
Thank goodness I didn't buy a snow blower! I was looking at them, as well, and had one all picked out. But I figured - where would I put it? Besides, I really do enjoy shoveling snow - it is so still outside when there is fresh snow. Now we just need some here...
For those of you that are buried in snow, ice and cold - remember that daylight time starts next weekend, the days are getting longer and spring will be here very soon!!! No joke!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's the same way all up the coast. We didn't have any snow at all this year at our cabin, and very little in the high country. I'm with you, worried about summer. - Margy
Very strange here too...got to freezing a few times but no sleet, no ice, (we never get snow), not even any long cold spells. Don't get me wrong, cold and wet rain most every weekend but nothing I would call major Winter weather. I'm glad...but it IS weird....
We've had very little snow, but BITTER cold all month. It's Minus 15 again this morning--spring feels very far away!
Post a Comment