Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Winter reading line up -

While so many of you are dealing with yet another arctic blast of winter weather, we are experiencing unseemly warmth here this week.  Mind you, we have had our share of cold and snow in late 2014 but it is now 2015 and it feels like spring here.  Heck, it even smells like spring!  It was a pleasant 54 degrees today.  Crazy!!


 
This is my stack of books to read this winter.  I want to snuggle up in a soft blanket on a snowy afternoon and start exploring these books.  Somehow, it just doesn't seem right to read them unless it is snowing or at least very blustery.  And now I am waiting for the weather to change, waiting for old man winter to come calling and settle in for a good long visit.
 
Until then, I will continue my love affair with my Kindle tablet and Amazon Prime.  I now know what it means to binge watch something.  And I find it to be quite addictive... 
 
What books do you plan to read this winter?

5 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like a great stash! I read on my Kindle, but nothing beats a book in your hand! My friend just got a year of Amazon Prime when she bought the Amazon Fire Smartphone! She loves the phone, but is enjoying the PRIME too! Hope you get a snowy reading day soon!!!!

From the Kitchen said...

I just posted my "stash" of books (well, part of the stash) because the time has come, +2 right now, to snuggle up with the stash. Yes, I too binge with my Kindle but I still prefer the printed page. Happy reading!

Best,
Bonnie

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

I've recently read the bottom three. I'll look up the top two. I just finished a book about the Cougar Lady of Sechelt Inlet. It was short, but interesting about two sisters of Norwegian immigrants that grew up in the bush and became quite the independent self-reliant eccentrics. - Margy

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Just finished reading Winds of Skilak - great book! - Margy

Leslie said...

I teach 4th grade and also run teacher book studies within our school district, so my winter reading is geared towards kid books and education related stuff. I have to work to carve out reading time just for me. However, I did just finish Wild and am now wishing to walk just a bit of the PCT. I'm intrigued by every one of the titles in the picture and mentioned in comments. I think I'll pick up Winds of Skilak. Thanks!