He grabs a nap outside before it gets too hot. Of course, this is only after he has made sure there isn't a lizard or a bunny anywhere inside the fence line!
Truly a face that only his crazy owners could love! He needs a bath!!
Don't worry about Chucky in the heat - he spends part of his day in the shop with two ceiling fans cooling him.. He also comes in the house for an afternoon siesta in front of a fan that is pulling the nice cold air from the floor register when the air conditioner cycles on. He has it pretty darned good!
How do you stay cool in the heat?
5 comments:
Anything over 75 degrees & I'm an unhappy camper. I'd never make it in Eastern Oregon.
Sweet Chucky. I think it's a very handsome face. This weather is so strange. Last year at this time we were sweltering in 100 degree temps and in a bad drought. This year too much rain. Our temp tonight is supposed to drop into the 50s. I much prefer it like this. I don't tolerate the heat well.
It's been super hot here too -- over 100 for the past 5 days. We're grateful, though, because the forecast called for temps reaching 112 degrees and we "only" hit 107. Sigh. I know that too much rain can cause all sorts of problems, but I sure would like to have a bit of a deluge right now!
Chucky looks so comfy. Murphy's favorite place when it's hot is in the crawlspace under the front porch. Makes for one filthy mutt but he's happy.
Cute pictures! The only way I stay cool in summer is ac, a/c, a/c!!! I was so grateful that our system decided to go out on the last cool days of spring! If it went out now, we would all have to move to a hotel!!! Happy 4th of July and weekend to you!
Julie
I do feel so bad for all of you who are suffering through the much-too-hot weather this summer. Our temps here in northern Minnesota continue to be below normal. It was hot enough out in the garden today to make my bare (lily white) legs rosy but the temp inside (our well-insulated house) stayed at 65° all day. Some stuff in the garden isn't growing as well as it could be, but we humans are truly enjoying the cool, cool weather.
Post a Comment