Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where did spring go??

I have been feeling bad about still having a snow photo on the heading of this blog and have been planning to get it changed to something that better fits the season. But I guess I can wait a few more days.... it snowed here overnight and more is expected.

We just arrived home yesterday from an extended trip and I was so excited to get outside and see what plants had popped out. The rhubarb grew a foot, peonies that weren't visible before we left are now over six inches tall. The raspberries and blackberries have leafed out, the horseradish is making a showing and the grapes have plump buds ready to open.

Our first buckets of upside down tomato plants that we hastily planted before we left did well hanging inside the shop in front of a southwest facing window. Guess they will have to stay there for awhile longer. And the tomato plants I bought while we were traveling and brought back will also have to wait to be planted.

But for now, I will enjoy the snow (other than having to clean off the satellite dish) and the gardening will have to wait.

3 comments:

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Wow - snow. We have been having a wonderful, warm, sunny spring week here in Powell River. All of my lettuce, spinach, carrots and beets have sprouted. We even picked our first meal of asparagus today. I really hope we don't get a cold spell! This is the best start I've ever had for my garden. - Margy

Mary said...

The snow photo is so pretty! I still have last August's coleus on mine. ;)
We've got very warm weather here this week mainly 80s. No matter, I've been sick... figures. ;)

2 Tramps said...

Margy,
We are envious of your gardening weather and success this early! We were in NW Washington all last week and enjoyed the wonderful weather all week long.

Mary,
Your blog picture is perfect - I love it. Isn't it harder to be sick when the weather is so good? Hope you are feeling well very soon!